I love chunky shortbread however most of the stuff you get in the shops are thin “rounds”. So for the past month I’ve been looking for a really good chunky shortbread recipe. As it turns out, shortbread is really simple to make.
You will need:
- 1/2 cup of sugar.
- 1 cup of butter.
- 2 cups of plain flour.
1. Preheat oven to 160 C / Gas mark 2.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together. Sift in the flour. Dough will be stiff.
3. Press into a 9″ tin lined with baking parchment.
4. Prick the dough with a fork then press dents in with a knuckle.
5. Bake until a pale golden brown on the edges, approximately 1 hour. If you think its getting too dark cover with tin foil.
6. Sprinkle sugar over the top. Cut into squares then leave to cool.