Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week they post a new top ten list and invite everyone to share their answers. This week we are looking at my top ten all time favourite books from the last 3 years (some of these were not published in the last 3 years but don’t tell anyone).
My All Time Favourite Books
1. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. I am literally incapable of talking about my favourite books without mentioning Ready Player One. Its about gaming and pop culture, what’s not to live?
2. World War Z by Max Brooks. I was five pages into this book when I decided I loved it. Its a typical zombie story but told through interviews with survivors of the “zombie war“.
3. Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. This is a really complicated historical/ sci-fi type story. But the thing I enjoyed was that to understand it fully you need to read the book then watch the movie at least a few times.
4. A Tale For The Time Being by Ruth Ozeki. Its about a Japanese girl writing about her life and an author who finds the diary. And its fantastic.
5. An Astronaut’s Guide To Life On Earth by Chris Hadfield. The dude sang Space Oddity on the freaking international space station. And he is pretty good at writing books too!
6. The Universe Versus Alex Woods by Gavin Extence. Its about Kurt Vonnegut and growing old. Thats all I will say.
7. Mr Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan. Its about books and graphic design. Basically my two favourite things.
8. The Killing Moon by N.K. Jemisin. This is a really fantastic fantasy. But also has a really interesting religion in which the priests are allowed to kill people.
9. The Forever Watch by David Ramerez. I love that this book is full of computer science and even though it is futuristic it is based on real world computer science.
10. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I pretty much grew up reading Star Trek fanfiction and I loved being able to read about fanfiction from the perspective of someone who writes fanfiction.